This post is sponsored by King Of Christmas and contains affiliate links. As always, I only support and promote brands I truly love! You can read my full disclosure here.
I think everyone can agree that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. And what better way to beat the summer heat (or the never ending summer, as I like to call it here in the South) than a little Christmas in July?!
If you are stopping by from The Mellionaire House, welcome! Isn’t Melonie’s house so gorgeous?! I can’t wait to see it decked out for Christmas this year. Also be sure to check out the rest of the bloggers linked at the end of this post for lots of Christmas inspiration and an amazing giveaway from King of Christmas!
Christmas is going to be special for us this year as its our first in our new house after losing our “Blue Nest” in a house fire in January. You can read about that here. That’s another reason why I wanted to get a jumpstart on holiday planning, too. Not only have we started over from scratch with basic furnishings and decor… I have a blank slate to go in any direction I want with holiday decor. For someone who loves decorating, that’s quite exciting, but also overwhelming. So instead of limiting myself on a “theme” for Christmas, I wanted to share with y’all the feeling I want my home to evoke during the holidays. I think its something a lot of y’all will relate to.
First, lets take a quick peek at our Christmas decor from last year. And can we get a moment of silence for this 9ft. flocked beauty from King of Christmas? I cried so many tears over this dang tree because I loved it that much.
This year, I want to soak up the Christmas season. I want to welcome people into our home and have them feel like they’ve been there for ages. I want it to feel comfortable and inviting. Warm. Soft. Familiar. So instead of limiting myself to a strict color palette or theme, I’m going to bring in items that evoke these feelings. I rounded up some of the things I have my eye on to purchase as the holiday season gets closer, and I’m excited for the direction its going in.
- Plaid Ornaments – I’ve been searching for unique ornaments since all of our family ones are gone, and I stumbled on these cuties on Etsy. Nothing says cozy like plaid!
- Moose Mug – Christmas Vacation is on constant rotation in our house after Thanksgiving. We’ve wanted a set of moose mugs for several years, and I think this might just be our year to get them. So fun and nostalgic!
- Faux Fur Pillow – Again, there’s just something so cozy and wintry about faux fur.
- 7.5 King Flocked Unlit Tree – I love the King Flock trees from King of Christmas and cannot wait to get this beauty up!
- Clip on Candle Lights – I love the traditional and vintage feel these candle lights add to trees.
- Grapevine Garland – In lieu of traditional ribbon, I’m thinking about using grapevine garland around our tree for added interest and texture.
- Tartan throw – There’s just something about traditional red tartan plaid that hits me in the feels. Maybe its my Scottish roots, but I love it for the holiday season.
Now for the really fun part…. the giveaway!
King of Christmas is generous enough to give away a 7ft. Flocked Pre-Lit Tree to one lucky reader! I honestly cannot say enough good things about this company and their trees. I’ve been around my fair share of faux Christmas trees and these are, hands down, the best quality I’ve seen. Just enter below!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Next in the hop is Addison’s Wonderland, and, I promise you, you do not want to miss seeing Brittany’s breathtaking home!