If you caught my recent home tour, you know that I went with an overall classic Americana theme for our home this summer. However, this is the first year I’ve added in patriotic decor and it was way easier than I imagined. If you want to inject a little patriotic pride into your own home, here are my three tips for incorporating simple 4th of July decor.
If you’ve been to my blog or Instagram before, chances are you know that my favorite color is blue. I mean, we have a blue house, and this blog’s name includes ‘blue.’ Blue transferware is my favorite. Heck, I’m even painting our baby girl’s nursery blue! I think you get the drift that I’m a blue smitten kitten. So when Arhaus reached out to me about their new color guides, I totally fell in love with the blue guide!
In that spirit, I decided to create an inspiration board with living room furniture from Arhaus combining my favorite tones and shades of blue. I’ve really been drawn to European farmhouse style recently as its a good blend of the styles that both my husband and myself love, so that’s the direction I took this board in. I have to say, it turned into a bit of my “dream living room,” and I wouldn’t be mad if all of this suddenly ended up in my house!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market. I only promote brands and products that I truly love. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
With Memorial Day right around the corner, signaling the unofficial start of Summer, I thought it was a perfect time to round up some of my favorite outdoor furniture and decor. If you are looking to spruce up your spaces for summertime outdoor living, look no further! I’m feeling the patriotic vibe for summer, can you tell?
Micah and I have known for a month now, but its officially official… We are adding another little GIRL to our family! I love all things pink and feminine so I am over the moon to create another little girl’s room. We kept all of Ava’s baby things, just in case this situation ever arose and now I’m extremely glad we did. In an attempt to save some moolah, we are reusing most everything from her nursery. I’m imagining a soft, cottage-y room inspired by my love of Anne of Green Gables.
Hello, friends!! I am so very glad that y’all are here today. I’ve joined up with four talented ladies to give y’all a peek into our homes all dressed up for Christmas. Their posts are linked up at the bottom of my home tour, so be sure to pop on over for some amazing Christmas inspiration!
While perusing the Target dollar spot a few weeks ago, I fell in love with these adorable white Christmas houses. I decided to hold out on buying them until I had my husband drag all of the Christmas stuff out and assessed my current decor situation. Of course, when I went back to pick some up they were sold out…. at both of the Targets near me. I was so sad! Then I thought, “Hey, I can DIY that”. So that’s what I did and it was easy peasy.
So, am I the only one who cannot believe it is November already?! While I love October, I am so excited for the next couple of months and all of the goodness that comes with them… mainly, holidays! That is why I’ve teamed up with my fellow holiday-lovin’ blogger friends to provide a little Thanksgiving table inspiration for y’all today. Grab a cup of your favorite holiday drink and settle on down for a little tour of my simple and neutral Thanksgiving table!
Hey, y’all! Today, I am so excited to be teaming up with more awesome ladies to bring you some Fall inspiration for your home. We are focusing on Fall tables today, which is one of my favorite things to decorate in our house. Be sure to check out the other 9 bloggers’ tablescape posts which are linked at the end of my post!
While I love the neutral Fall decor trend as much as the next girl, something about rich warm colors, lots of layered textures and natural element just scream “Autumn” too me. These were the things that I focused on while creating my own Fall tablescape.
Once again, I’m back with some of my vintage lovin’ blogging friends to show how we incorporate vintage pieces into our homes. If you missed my past posts on using vintage pieces in a modern home and vintage storage solutions, be sure to check them out, too. This time we are focused on vintage books, and I am so excited to show y’all how I include old books in my decor.
I DIY a lot. For home decor, for house projects, basically everything. I’d say my DIYs go exactly as planned maybe 2% of the time. The other 98% something invariably goes wrong, looks different from what I had in my head, or takes about 173,986 more steps than I planned. Your classic DIY fail, if you will. Its similar to the Pinterest fail, but not always a Pinterest fail. Y’all with me? The most valuable lesson I’ve learned in my DIY/home renovation journey, though, is to embrace plan B… and C… and D all the way on down to Z.
So here is my latest DIY fail and the plan B that saved it!